Information we collect
- When you register an account at Fotoplot, we ask for your email address and certain optional information, such as your name.
- Fotoplot automatically receives and records information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the page you request. This is normal website behavior.
- Fotoplot uses information for the following general purposes: billing, identification and authentication, service improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
IP addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. Your IP address is stored in our user registration databases when you register with Fotoplot.
IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including:
- To diagnose or service technical problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- To estimate the total number of users visiting Fotoplot from specific geographical regions.
- To make sure that people are not abusing the voting or submission systems.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a website's computers and stored on your computer's disk.
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set.
- If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use Fotoplot services that require you to "log in" and you may not be able to take full advantage of the Fotoplot services.
Fotoplot uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, which may include (but not be limited to) the following:
- To access your information when you log in.
- To keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Fotoplot's services.
- To display the most appropriate advertising, based on your interests and activity on Fotoplot.
- To estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- To conduct research to improve Fotoplot's content and services.
- Fotoplot may let other companies (such as Google) that show advertisements on our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other entities' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other entities do not have access to Fotoplot's cookies.
Information sharing and disclosure
- When you post a photo or text on Fotoplot, your username or alias is visible to other users.
- If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
- Generally, Fotoplot does not share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies without your consent, except when compelled by subpoenas, warrants, court orders or legal process.
Editing and deleting account information
- You can change your Fotoplot profile information at any time, except your username, which is fixed when created. If you wish to reactivate your account sometime after terminating, you will need to do so with a new user name and you will have no access to any of the original material you submitted. If you forget your username, you can receive assistance retrieving it by writing to email@example.com.
- We may send you certain communications relating to the Fotoplot service, such as service announcements and administrative messages.
- You can delete your Fotoplot account at any time via your account profile page; however, please note that comments you have written on other Fotoplot users' photos will still exist, in order to maintain discussion integrity. Comments you've made on other parties' accounts may remain in place unless you expressly request in writing (at address below) that the comments be removed. Such comments may remain in place even if Fotoplot chooses to terminate your account.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to fulfill their job duties.
- Your Fotoplot profile information is password-protected with a password you create.
- In certain areas, Fotoplot uses SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
Fotoplot may update this policy at any time for any reason. If there are any significant changes to how we handle personal information we will send a notice to the primary email address specified in your Fotoplot account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.